Sunday 15 June 2008

Happy Anniversary






For my S.

I met my permanent roommate 7 years ago. We met for the first time at Mondy's my favourite hole in the wall joint in Bombay. He was tall lanky, had horrendous floaters and a general swagger about him. We sat from 6 in the evening till closing time, sipping draught and listening to Floyd on the jukebox. Once they kicked us out we drove through the streets of Bombay endlessly not wishing to part. I had never met this man before and there I was talking non stop about life, love, my hopes and fears.

Since that day our relationship has grown many folds, he has now become my permanent roommate. Over 6 years we have changed continents and taken gambles with our lives and careers loving every minute of it. He taught me to be patient, to look beyond my four walls, to dream and achieve, to cook ( i think i got conned into that), to love the Beatles, to give football a chance, to place an apostrophe correctly ( they don't give punctuation weightage in dental school).

We both have changed, he is not lanky anymore thanks to his wholesome cooking( and too much takeaway), he has lost the floaters( honest it wasn't me), but the swagger remains. I don't know what gets two people together, fate, karma, parents, friends, small hole in the wall cafes? Whatever our reasons I thank them all, because I found my best friend at Mondy's that evening.

6 comments:

Pooja Nair said...

Trust me to have tears in eyes.

You are such a sweety chinchu c.

Interestingly, meraj and I had our first formal outing together at Mondys.

The same happened with us too. We stayed till they kicked us out and drove around the city not wanting to part. :)

meraj said...

wow...beautiful!

Chinchu said...

aww shucks, thanks guys.

Anonymous said...

Awww Chinchu, this is the most beautiful thing I have read in a while.. I am not into reading blogs, the other day Meena(D) talked about your blogs and how much she liked them, so Tthis morning I decided to check them out. Mmmm.
This one in particular really got me teary eyed. Didnt I always know
you were just made for each other.
You write so well.. Love C

Anonymous said...

Meena said,
This one is really beautiful..Wonder how i missed this one..
Strange,though i introduced LC to your blog,it was she who asked me to read this one and i loved it..I knew that LC would also love your blogs...
LC told me that she had tears in her eyes,so did GC and also Pooja after reading this and now even i am tear eyed..Well genes you see..
Jokes apart it is your beautiful writing that made us all so emotional.Keep writing..Love to S and you..

Chinchu said...

Chechiamma, meena A, thank you :), blog is catching dust I need to start churning out some stuff.